AARF NADAC Trial Day 1
The first Day of the AARF NADAC Trial at Teamworks went well today. There were about 400 total runs. It was a 1 ring trial. Clover and I ran 3 runs, 2 regular and a jumpers. Overall, I felt she performed better than last week, even though we didn't get as many Q's.
Our first and second runs were the Novice A regular. The run layouts are here.. On the first run Clover skipped jump 7 and went to jump 8 before I could bring her back. She did get the gamble though. The gamble was jump 10, 11 and 12. I can say that clover is fast, even after pulling back after missing the jump. she placed first in the class. She didn't Q though because of the missed jump.
Our second Novice Regular A run was a very good run with one small exception, she went into the wrong end of the tunnel number 4, which disqualified her from a Q. But she did place 1st. She did very well with her contacts.
The jumpers run was fun. We were very insync and she ran it very, very well... and fast. The only problem was she knocked the bar down on jump 13. Clover ran the course in 15.06 seconds and course time was 26.25 seconds.
So today she earned 1 Q, 2 first and a fourth. Not bad for her second trial.
I still feel one of our challenges is figuring out how to manager clover before the runs. The two regular runs were held around noon and the jumpers was around 5:00. I played ball a little with her as soon as we arrived at 7:30 am, but she was in the crate, waiting the rest of the time... and she is very, very excited when it is time to run. I think I may get her too excited.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home