At least it was nice for COW
Clover and my wife had to miss flyball practice on Monday night due to rain, but fortunately it was nice for Course of the Week. In fact is was beautiful and there were a lot of people there. It is getting warmer out and I have to watch more carefully that Clover doesn't overheat during our more intense training sessions.
We ran the elite course 2 times. The first time she was ahead of me and obstacle obsessed, jumping over every obstacle she could find as fast as she could. After I worked her some, she calmed down and almost all the mistakes can be attributed to me. I still have to work on what turns to do where etc. The course was more of a AKC style course with the jumps close together.
Clover did the weave poles very will last night. I am convinced she gets tired of them early, making it difficult to practice very long. She still has problems with the entry. She likes to circle the first pole before starting.
We also worked for quite a while on directional commands on the tunnels. This was the first time that we really concentrated on the tunnels. They aren't always set up in the practice ring for cow and I don't have any tunnels to practice with at home. Clover really likes tunnels.
Contacts were pretty good also, I think it has helped switching to food as a reward at the bottom of the contact, but she is often more motivated by the next obstacle than she is by food.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home