NADAC Trial results - 2 Qualifiying...
The NADAC trial this weekend sponsored by C2P2 went well. It was absolutely gorgeous weather even though the ground was soaked after 3 straight days of rain. I got a nasty sunburn. I helped out on some of the elite trials. This was the first time that I served as gate stuart.
The trial was a small trial. We were done with all the classes by 3:30. Clover and I ran a total of 6 runs...
The first run of the day was weavers run. This was the first time Clover ever did a weavers run or even ran 12 weave poles in competition.... and you could tell. She was unable to complete the first set of 12 after trying several times and we left the field. She was just so excited about getting to the next obstacle. This is the first run we were ever eliminated, but I knew it was a gamble entering in this class.
The second weavers class, (Yes, I entered 2 weavers classes. I should have known better!) went a little better. We practiced on the set of 6 practice poles and during the run Clover made it through the first 6 poles and another one of the 12. I decided I might as well finish the course and ended up getting a 3rd, even though we didn't qualify.
The tunnelers classes were next. Clover did very well. She had 2 qualifying runs and placed first in both classes. In one class she had the second fastest time, even beating everyone except one elite dog!
The touch and go classes didn't go so well. On the first run she took a wrong tunnel and in the second run she missed the contact going down the dog walk. She placed 2nd in both runs but didn't qualify.
Overall it was a very good trial. I learned a lot- especially that I am going to have to work a lot more on weave poles before we try weavers again and that we need more contact work. ...OK, I knew that one!!
I will post the results as soon as they E-mail them to me...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home