Well maybe not OK...
It has been 2 weeks since clover hurt herself. On Thursday my wife called and said that clover was limping again, so we decided to have her looked at. After we took her to the vet, I realized she was limping on her front left foot, not the rear right, which she injured 2 weeks ago. Later in class, Michele said that it is not uncommon for a dog to injure the opposite foot that originally injured... in Clovers case, she hurt her rear right and later her front left became sensitive.
The vet watched her trot and looked her over and said the front foot was sensitive, and said all we could do is see how well she would do. Maybe see how she does in class and then make a decision about competing this weekend.
At class we ran 2 runs and she ran them very well, but she was limping after the second run on the front foot. So I decide not to run her at the USDAA trial at Teamworks this weekend. We have a NADAC trial the week after next, so I want to have her in top condition. I think I may see if I can get her to see Dr. Sherman, at vet hab.
I have also been asked to assist in the obstacle proficiency class on Thursday nights and I will still be volunteering all weekend at the USDAA trial this weekend.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home