agility terv Tervuren dog teamworks belgian Tervuren NADAC weavepoles weaves

This is a Blog tracking the Agility Trials and Tribulations of a Belgian Tervuren Dog, named Clover...

Thursday, July 07, 2005

HOT..HOT...HOT Tag Training

OK, what do you call clicker training for humans---Tag training. This Tuesday I had a class on Tagging in agility. It is basically just clicker training for humans. They break down the steps of a maneuver, in the case of this class, a front cross and if you are having problems with a particular step, you are get clicked when you do it correctly. I still haven't decided what I think of it yet. Clover didn't get much work in the class, so I stayed for the problem solving class and worked on weave poles.

I also attended Course Of the Week. They had a jumpers run set up and I ran through it about 4 times. She didn't want to do weaves at all after working on them the night before.

This time of the year is very difficult to work much. It is just so hot, and clover seems to get near overheating pretty quick. I guess I can't complain after all, it is North Carolina in the middle of the summer.

Clover won't get any agility practice next week because I will be on vacation for a week.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, there DogsRule, I am out searching for information on positive dog training and found your site. Although HOT..HOT...HOT Tag Training is not exactly what I am looking for it certainly got my attention and interest. I see now why I found your page looking for information on positive dog training and am glad I stopped by even though this is not a perfect match. Great blog thanks for the read.

4:28 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done on a nice blog DogsRule. I was looking for information on free dog training tips and came across your post HOT..HOT...HOT Tag Training - not precisely what I was looking for related to free dog training tips but an interesting read all the same!

11:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home