agility terv Tervuren dog teamworks belgian Tervuren NADAC weavepoles weaves

This is a Blog tracking the Agility Trials and Tribulations of a Belgian Tervuren Dog, named Clover...

Friday, July 29, 2005

NADAC Trial Prep

I have Clover entered in an agility trial in Sanford this weekend. I tried to enter in both days but was only able to get into one day, on Saturday. It should be interesting because it will be the first indoor trial that we have ever competed in. It will also be the only place where we will compete without ever being there before.

I have not had very good luck getting out and training clover. This week we had 3 days with over 100 degree temps, so COW was cancelled and Class was cancelled due to the threat of thunderstorms.

Last week I went to Cow of the week on windstorm even though it was very hot. It was a jumpers course and she seemed to be doing very well. I have noticed that her start line stays need to have a little work. On Friday, teamworks had their summer picnic for volunteers and employees and I was able to run her then. She even did the 40 weave pole challenge flawlessly.

The week before last I spent a week of vacation in Wisconsin. My sister in law teaches 4-H agility and she had me help out with a class. It is kind of a joke because they only have 6 or so classes and expect to be able to do agility. The beginning class has to keep the dog on a leash, so most of them were just dragging their dog over the obstacles. I talked mostly about motivation and getting the dog to want to do it.

Well wish us luck tomorrow and I'll let you know on Monday how we do.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done on a nice blog DogsRule. I was searching for information on dog obedience training and ran across your post NADAC Trial Prep - not exactly what I was looking for related to dog obedience training but a very interesting read all the same!

12:40 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey DogsRule, you have a great blog here. I'am out searching for information on online dog training and found your site. NADAC Trial Prep is not exactly what I am looking for but it certainly got my attention and interest. I see now why I found your blog looking for information on online dog training and am glad I stopped by even though this is not a perfect match. Great blog thanks for the read.

4:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home