agility terv Tervuren dog teamworks belgian Tervuren NADAC weavepoles weaves

This is a Blog tracking the Agility Trials and Tribulations of a Belgian Tervuren Dog, named Clover...

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Competition agility class has started!

Competition agility class started at Teamworks Dog Training last night. This, I believe, is the 3 rd time that we will have taken it. Linda Monico is teaching again and Blair Boyette is the assistant. Unlike the previous competition class, there are other students, so it won't be like private lessons. There are actually 4 other students in the class.

We took a standard AKC run and broke it down into 2 parts. We discussed how we would attack the course and then we ran the first half. After we did the same with the second half, we combined it all into an entire run.

It has actually been a little while since I have have worked Clover at Teamworks. Michele was sick on Monday, so we didn't have private lessons and last week for Course of the week, we went a little early so we could get some footage for the short film of clover we are doing and I didn't stay around for COW and didn't get much of a workout. Since it has been so long since I really ran her, I saw a little of her old traits coming out. Especially the weave poles.

We have been running quite a bit at home, but It has been to improve her jump timing and build her endurance.

Clover ran the course very well in class except for the weave poles. When other people were running we practice weaves in a side ring and where she did them fine. I think she just doesn't want to do them in the sand ring, which is where we had class.

In class Clover seemed to have energy and endurance. I think most of Clover's endurance problem is heat based. I don't think she tolerates heat well. Prior to running, she does not like to drink because she is so excited, so once she gets a short workout and drinks and sits for a little, she regains her energy. I will have to experiment to see what works the best.

Overall I think it will be a good class and I look forward to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home