agility terv Tervuren dog teamworks belgian Tervuren NADAC weavepoles weaves

This is a Blog tracking the Agility Trials and Tribulations of a Belgian Tervuren Dog, named Clover...

Monday, March 19, 2007

AARF Nadac Agility Trial results

This weekend was the Spring AARF trial at Teamworks. I served as Chief course builder, so I had to go Friday night and help set up the first course, even though it was pouring rain out. It didn't take us long, so I was only there about 1/2 hour.

The rain cleared up by Saturday but it was still cold. It was a 1 ring trial and we ran all the courses in the grass ring. My goal for this trial was to work on weaves. I had to restart Clover every time on the weaves, but at least I got her to complete them. My strategy was that once she missed the weaves I would restart her by sitting her right in front of the weave poles and then start her from the sit position. This was a tip the judge at the last trial gave me. It seemed to work because she did complete all her weaves after she sat. We did fairly well, but there were a lot of classes where we were overtime because it takes time to sit and restart her.

The trial wasn't a big one, so we placed in a lot of classes that we didn't even Q in. On Saturday we placed in 4 class, even though 3 of those classes we were over time in. We were even over time in the jumpers course because I had to bring her back around to do a jump. We did Q in the tunnelers course. Clover did seem to rush the contacts, but didn't miss any on Saturday. We even completed the novice weavers course, even though I had to restart her on each set.

I was out of there by 5:00 on each day.



The weather was much nicer on Sunday. We didn't get any Q's. I think it is the first time I we ever competed at a NADAC trial and didn't Q at least once during The day. Once again on all the weaves, I had to restart her from a sit. We didn't have a weavers course because the ran touch and go instead. She ended up blowing a contact in touch and go and I worked on emphasizing contacts the rest of the day. By making her stay on her contacts, it took up more time.

I have mixed feelings about the trial, on one hand, I was able to get her to complete the weaves, and get some good training done. On the other hand, we had a very poor Q rate. I guess I need to forget about Q's and focus on the basics.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Qs will come in time. We finally are Qing, after many trials with no Qs. I like your stat sheet... did the secretary provide that?

6:38 PM

 
Blogger DogsRule said...

Yes, the trial secretary sent it out. I think it is easy to with the trial genie software... available at www.trialgenie.com

8:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home