agility terv Tervuren dog teamworks belgian Tervuren NADAC weavepoles weaves

This is a Blog tracking the Agility Trials and Tribulations of a Belgian Tervuren Dog, named Clover...

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Teamworks spring NADAC Trial.

The Teamworks NADAC Spring trial was a success, although the entries were down. The first run was at 8:30 and we were done each day about 2:30. I was one of the chief course buidlers again. The hold the none contact classes in the sand ring and the contact classes in the grass ring

On Saturday we on only got a tunnerlers Q. She knocked a bar on the jumpers run and took an off course due to tunnel suck in the touch-n-go run. Of course, she didn't Q on any of the weave pole runs. I had her entered in novice weavers and used it as a training session. I went to the practice ring and practiced the weavepoles. In NADAC they have a set of 6 weave poles in the practice ring. Which is great! Clover did the weaves about 10 times perfectly. When it came to weavers run, I took her into the ring, skipped the beginning and set her up at the weaves and told her to weave, just like in practice, ... Shel blew right by them. I restarted them and she herdedthe first pole, so I took her off. Unfortunately, on the way off the course, she self rewarded by taking a tunnel. I did the exact same thing on sunday.

Sunday did go a little bit better though because we also Qualified on the jumpers run.

After the trial, I disucessed our weave pole challenges to the judge and we went into the ring and she gave me about a 20 minute private lesson. She is recommending that I stop, and sit Clover in front of the weave poles, so she has to pay attention to me. I gave it a try in practice and I think it shows some promise.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds fun. Very cool that the judge took the time to help you out. NADAC is great... too bad we don't have it around here anymore.

NADAC weavers was the first title Chase ever got. He just loves to weave. But I had so many problems with my first dog's weaves, Levi, that I knew I had to do Chase better!

4:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home