agility terv Tervuren dog teamworks belgian Tervuren NADAC weavepoles weaves

This is a Blog tracking the Agility Trials and Tribulations of a Belgian Tervuren Dog, named Clover...

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Weave Practice Stratagy

After several trials, Clover has not successfully completed the weave poles. I tried giving her a break from weave poles, and I think this has actually hurt because a greater number of experiences then are bad. My new strategy is to make weave poles easy and to just repeat, repeat, repeat. Hopefully, this will turn the weaves into a positve, fun expierence for her.

I have been practicing with her at home a lot more with both two sets of 6 at the beginning of training and then putting them together for a set of 12 later in the session. She usually does very well in practice. I have noticed that Clover is becoming more cautious as she gets older, so I am working at keeping things more positive. I want her (...and myself) to have a positive attitude about the weaves when we have our trial this weekend.

On Saturday we we rented the ring at teamworks and practiced in the sand ring for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home