AKC Border Terrier Club of America Trial
This weekend The Border Terrier Club of America hosted an AKC Agility trial at Bon-Clyde in Sanford. Clover and I competed one day of the trial, on Sunday.
Clover is now competing in Open agility in both Classes. The big difference for us between novice and Open is that the weave poles are 12 weave poles and you are only allows 1 refusal on the entire course.
Here are the course maps for the trial.

We ran the Jumpers with weaves course first. Clover was running very fast, in fact so fast she did a face plan after the 3rd jump, but it didn't slow her down. We ran a clean course until we came to the weave poles--no big surprise there. The first time she blew right by them without even looking, I brought her back and she started them but popped out at about the 3rd pole. The 3rd try she completed them, but we already had 2 refusals, and thus were eliminated.
The second run of the day was the open standard. I knew we were in trouble for this one because she was so hyped up before the run. She didn't do to badly, through the first part,but she did rush the contacts a little more than I would like. When it came to the weave poles, I had to start her about 3 times again before she would do them. I pulled her off of the course after the teeter because she rushed the teeter.
Over all I was a little disappointed that Clover didn't do a at least one clean weave pole entry. She has been doing so well in practice and hasn't missed the weaves in practice for a couple of weeks. I know it is nerves, but I don't have any ideas on how to calm her down before a run. If you have any ideas, please, please share...
Here are her official results.
1/21/2007
Open Preferred JWW - 20 Inch - Judge: Sionag Black
Distance: 130 yards SCT: 42 seconds
Eliminated Time: 33.16 seconds
Open Preferred Standard - 20 Inch - Judge: Sionag Black
Distance: 142 yards SCT: 64 seconds
Eliminated Time: No Time


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home