A cool COW -- Bad A-frame mounts
Last night was my night to help host Course of the Week. It was a very cool evening and it didn't take long for frost to form on the contacts. Only 2 other people came out and they left fairly early, so we closed up about an hour earl.
Sheila swapped weeks with Scott, so she helped me set the course up. It was an AKC elite regular course. I ran Clover on the course about 3 times and noticed that she seemed to be favoring her front left foot again. I have come to the conclusion that it is because she jumps on the A-frame at a very straight angle and at such a fast speed that she is either jamming her toes, or getting shin splints. I never have problems with her limping at home, where I do not have an A-frame. It is not a limp that slows her down when she is running, but she just seems to favor that foot when walking etc.
I may have to talk with Michelle and Paulena about how to train her up contacts on the A-frame to be less jarring.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home