agility terv Tervuren dog teamworks belgian Tervuren NADAC weavepoles weaves

This is a Blog tracking the Agility Trials and Tribulations of a Belgian Tervuren Dog, named Clover...

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Getting ready for Another NADAC trial

I know I haven't logged in and touched base for awhile but we haven't had class for awhile because of the holiday break. Last weekend we were registered for the Danville Kennel Club trial on Sunday, but we couldn't go because I had to take my wife to the airport. Our next trial is a NADAC trail at Teamworks this weekend.

I have been running Clover quite a bit at home. I am very limited on how much I can run her because it gets dark early, and I have to rush home after work. We have been working mostly on weave entry's.

I have some vacation days that I have to burn before the end of the year, so I took yesterday off. Clover and I rented the ring at teamworks and worked on contacts. We haven't worked on contacts for awhile, mostly because I have been obsessed with getting the weave poles down. However, I noticed at the last NADAC trial that if Clover ran a clean run on a regular course, with the speed she was going we would have been overtime! ...and Clover runs fast! The whole problem is that she creeps at the bottom of contacts and down the A-frame. I worked on trying to proof her 2 on and 2 off and speeding up the contacts. We also worked on weave pole entries, on both the regular and the AKC set of poles at Teamworks, but now that I have weave poles at home, I thought it was more important to work on contacts at Teamworks.

I also went back last night for course of the week. It was the first week of the month so we set up a jumpers course. Only 1 person came to course of the week, so I had a lot of time to practice with clover. We worked on fast entries, after 4 straight jumps, into the weave poles at different angles. It was a cold day, but Clover and I got a lot of practice.

I think we are ready for the NADAC trial. I am Chief Course Builder again. The weather is suppose to be bone chilling cold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home