Moore County Kennel Club AKC Trial Results
This Sunday we attended the Moore County Kennel Club trial at Sanford. I didn't register for Saturday, which turned out well because of Clover limping on Wednesday. We did take her for a five of mile hike at the Roanoke Rapids Canal.
We got to Sanford about 9:00 am but still had to wait about an hour before our first run. Our first run was the jumpers run. It was a good run, except I could not get Clover to do the weave poles at all. We finally gave up, so we didn't qualify. Everyone who has ever seen her run in practice is baffled at why she will not do weaves in competition.
The second run, the standard run was much better. I got her to do a stay on the A frame down contact and I only had to restart her 2 times on the weave poles. we had no point deductions and she ran it in 49.26 seconds. The standard course time was 69 seconds. It was a 132 yard course. We placed second in the class. She did rush the teeter and a-frame contact a little though.
A couple of trials ago I switched Clover to performance, so I had to start again from the beginning, which means we are still running Novice. I am glad we are running novice because I don't think there is anyway should could complete 12 weave poles in competition. Today's qualifying means we can move up to open performance, but I think I will stay in novice until we get weave poles figured out.


1 Comments:
My dog does the same thing in competition - he can do 12 weaves super fast in practice at a few different places, but in competition I usually have to re-start him once (or even twice or 3 times!) I think it is his stress point - some dogs it is the A frame and the stand at the top just staring out -for my dog, it's the weaves. He's getting better the more we compete, but it's still a work in progress!
9:50 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home