agility terv Tervuren dog teamworks belgian Tervuren NADAC weavepoles weaves

This is a Blog tracking the Agility Trials and Tribulations of a Belgian Tervuren Dog, named Clover...

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

A most enjoyable class

I don't know if it is because I haven't worked Clover a lot in the last couple of weeks, that class was cancelled last week because of rain or what, but I enjoyed last night's competition agility class even more than I usually do. There are only 3 participants in the competition class(4 dogs) and we get a lot of individual attention.

It was games night in class. The first game that was set up was a new AKC F.A.S.T class course. The rules are fairly simple, you create your own course and obtain as many points as you can in 31 seconds. Each obstacle is assigned points. You have to also complete a distance gamble. You get deducted time for every second you go over. It is a new game being introduced into the AKC. I have not seen it yet incompetition, but I think we will run it at our February YAC trial.

The second game we ran was called snakes and Ladders. I have never heard of it before. I guess it is an event that Dogs On Course in North America has. The official rules can be found on their web site. Basically, you can make up any course that you want, you just have to alternate and tunnel or weave with tunnel. I enjoyed this one. I don't think I will ever compete in DOCNA though, so I won't see it competition.

Clover did fairly well with the weaves. I had to restart her most of the time on the sand ring, but after class we went to the grass ring. Clover never missed a pole in the grass ring. We also worked on speeding up her contacts. I gave her a good workout after class.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home