...and everything comes to a screeching halt!
On August 3 rd, we packed the family in the Escape and headed for a week in Wisconsin to visit the family. Vacations are not always easy because we always take the dogs with us and Kira is especially difficult because she has eating issues, various medications and stresses out.
On Thursday we drove to Sandusky, Ohio and went to Cedar Point amusement park. We were able to go because they have an on site Kennel where we could keep Clover and Kira during our Cedar point adventure. It was about a 600 mile drive to Sandusky and we stayed at a Laquita Inn. They allow dogs. Kira does pretty well in hotels, but Clover likes to make a fuss when ever someone walks by. The way we usually deal with this is by crating her in the bathroom with the fan on to cover the noise.
We made it to Wisconsin on Saturday night and met my new sister, Missy...a sheltie. She is a small sheltie and she got along with Clover very well. Missy is the perfect companion for my mother.
I did a lot of bicycle riding on this trip. I love bike riding and Wisconsin is a beautiful area to ride. I wanted to get 150-200 miles in during the week. I had about 130 miles in when I had a major bicycling accident and broke my collar bone. We were riding from Sparta to Norwalk on the Elroy Sparta bike trail, just on the Norwalk side of the tunnel, when I tried passing my wife and nephew. Who knows what happened from there. I think I surprised my nephew and he turned into me. We both went flying. Luckily, he landed on the grass. I didn't. I have road rash up my left side. My helmet was severely damaged also. Believe it or not, I road bike the 3 miles back to my mothers and took a shower when I decided I needed to go to the doctor. The Left collar bone had a clean break and I had 3 stitches put in my head. The Doctor in Sparta thought I may need surgery but said that I would be OK, until we made it back home.
We cut our vacation a day short and headed home. The ride home was gruling. My wife drove the entire 1200 miles back. When we visited the doctor on Monday, he said I wouldn't need surgery, but that I should not do any physical activity for 6-8 weeks! Clover is going to kill me! He said I can go to work but for only half days for 3 weeks. I have to wear a splint that pulls my shoulders back and is suppose to help the bone set itself.
I have a lot of trials coming up and haven't decided how I am going to deal with those yet. I have had people volunteer to run clover for trials, but we will see. Well, that's it for now, for some reason, my should is sore...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home