Midnight Madness Toys for Tots Benefit, Saturday Night
It was another scorcher out. Luckily we avoided the rain, even though we did hear some thunder.
Tonight's performance was a little better than last night's, mostly because we only had 2 contact or weave runs. The first run, once again, was the jumpers run. It was a little more difficult than last nights run, but Clover performed flawlessly. The second run was the regular touch and go run. She blew the contact on the A-frame, so I took her off the course. The third run was the elite regular run...This time, she would not do the weaves so I took her off the course.
Clover did wonderfully on the tunnelers run. Once again she got the second fastest time of any dog, at 19.02 seconds. It was a 23.40 second course for elite large dogs. This weekend clover obtained her elite tunnelers title. She also got her elite jumpers title.
The last run of the evening was the chances run. I was about ready to just skip it because of the way that Clover was performing contacts and weaves, but as we were setting it up I realized there weren't any contacts and weaves in it. It was a jumpers course with 3 tunnels, so we ran it. Clover did very well. I didn't want to stay around for the results though, so I don't know the specific time. I do know that we got a Q, our first elite Chances Q.
I have mixed feeling about Clover's performance. I was expecting her to do better on the contacts and weaves, since she has been doing so well in practice. But looking at it positively she did Q on 4 out 0f 9 runs. It looks like it is back to the drawing board on contacts and weaves.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home