Midnight Madness Toys for Tots Benefit, Friday Night
The NADAC Toys for Tots benefit was held at teamworks this past weekend. It was a little different because it was held at night from 6:30 till it finished. It was a good thing it was held at that time because it has been well into the 90's during the day. I went at 4:00 to help set up tents and help get ready for the trial. I then came home and picked up Clover.
This trial is very run very loose. Since it is a benefit, they didn't' have scheduled workers. They just asked for volunteers as they needed them. Often, the judge would be also be the scribe and time keeper, since we have automatic timers. We were able to get the pretrial briefing in before it started to storm. The lightning was so bad that we delayed it about 45 minutes.
Clover's first run was a jumpers run. I like Nadac jumpers runs because they are fast. You don't have any weaves or spreads that slow you down. Clover did very well. She got the 2nd fastest time of any dog. Cree, michele's dog was the only one to be her. She ran it in 23.96 seconds for a 29 second course.
The second run of the evening was the regular Elite. I was a little confused on what I had entered her in, so I missed the first run. I thought we had entered in regular open...In fact I think that is what we should have entered in.
I was disappointed in how Clover ran the contact runs all weekend. In the first one, she did the contacts, but I had to restart her in the weaves, so we didn't make time. I don't know if it is normal Clover, the Thunder or the Heat. The times in Nadac are much shorter than in AKC, so you don't have the luxury of any mistakes, especially in elite classes. I think the next trial I will run her in open, until we can get the contacts and weaves down pat.
Clover has been doing so well with weaves in practice that I thought we would try the novice weavers. It didn't go as well as planned. I had to restart her on every set. We ended up finishing the course way over time at 60.41 seconds.
The last class we competed in Friday night was the elite Chances Class. Unfortunately, the distance challenge was weave poles and I was unable to get clover to do them.
It was midnight when I finally got home. I really enjoyed having the trial at night because we had all day to do our normal weekend activities.
On Friday, we competed in 4 runs and got 1 Q. These trials are run so loosly, that we weren't given any course maps. I don't know if they are going to e-mail us the official results or not. If they do, I will post them.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home