Youngsville agility club AKC Trial -06/10/06 Results
Over all I was pleased with how the trial went on Saturday. The trial was an AKC trial hosted by the Youngsville Agility Club at Bon-Clyde in Sanford. Bon-Clyde is a fairly nice site for a trial especially in the summer because it is held indoors. It is not a huge facility so there is not much room for spectators. It does have 2 rooms where you can crate your dot inside though. That is a necessity in the hot summer weather of NC! It can get a little load in the crating rooms though. The dogs do have to be outside when they are waiting in line to compete.
I moved clover down to performance. Performance jumps at a lower jump height. I did this since she has been having problems timing some of her jumps. Moving her down to performance, means that we have to start from scratch and compete in Novice again and work our way up. One nice thing about that is that we get to work on 6 weave poles again.
Since we moved down to novice, we could get there after the elite classes. So we arrived at about 10:00. This is especially nice since it is about an hour and half drive to Sanford. I did have to get there a little early though because I was ring steward for the open class.
The first class that Clover ran was novice standard. My goals for the weekend were to get the weave poles and contacts. I was a little disappointed with her contacts. To anyone watching, they were fine because she slowed down and obviously touch each contact, but she released before my command. So I was not happy. In fact, on the teeter, she released so early she went by the next obstacle, the broad jump. When I tried to bring her back, she back jumped it. Fortunately, in novice you are allowed 1 off course. I was happy with her weave poles because she nailed the entry. Unfortunately she rushed them and missed the last pole. She did that 2 times. She did Q.

The second class was the jumpers with weaves. She did very well in this class--no contacts. I did have to restart her 2 times on the weaves.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home