Bon-Clyde Practice Night
Last night, on the recommendation of Michele, Clover and I went to "individual practice night" at Bon-Clyde in Sanford. We have an AKC trial there this weekend and Clover has never completed the weaves there, so we thought this was a good time to make sure she was familiar with all the equipment and that she could do the weaves. The weaves there are less sturdy and they bothered her the last time we completed there. It was a long drive for an hour of practice. It is about 1.5 hour drive one way. Hopefully it will be worth it.
Bon-Clyde runs their practice night differently than Teamworks. Bon-Clyde just has obstacles out and lets people run them however they want. They also allow all the dogs in the ring at the same time. There were only about 5 people there so it wasn't too crowded. They don't have any course set up to run, so I guess they can't call it course of the week.
Clover did very well. She did the weaves perfectly almost every time. The last time she did them she was getting tired, but I was probably pushing her. We must have done them about 10 times perfectly. We also worked on the broad jump. I heard the judge at this trial loves the broad jump. Clover had no problem with that. She did well on the contacts. If she performs like she did last night all weekend, it will be a wonderful weekend. I just have to keep her calm.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home