Back to COW
Since I missed Course of the Week last week, it seems like a long time since we have been there. I volunteer to help set it up ever other week, and this was my week. I set up a standard embedded USDAA course. There was also a Youngsville Agility Club meeting. They are having a trial on June 10 and 11th in Sanford and preparations need to be made. That will be clovers next trial.
Clover and I ran the course about 3 times. Once again she didn't want to do the weaves in the sand ring. It may be because we didn't practice them until she was really tired though. I think I may rent the sand ring this weekend and just practice weaves. Since the sand gives, I think she is much more unsure of herself on the weaves.
We spent most of our time in the grass ring. This is an adhock ring where you can basically set up obstacles as you like and practice. She did the weaves fine in the grass ring.
During a run in the grass ring, I noticed Clover was blowing her discrimination between the A-frame and the tunnel, so we spent quite a bit of time working on that.
I also really worked on reinforcing her 2 on 2 off contacts. They look fine when you watch, but she is rushing my release command. So I am continually going back and reviewing that with her. When I am at Teamworks Dog Training, I try to work on contacts, since I really don't have any contacts or 12 weave poles at home.
I believe all the jump practicing that I have been doing at home has been helping. Her timing seems to be much improved, especially on the single jumps. The spreads still need some work.
Overall, I think it was a good training session, a beautiful night and Clover got a good workout.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home