agility terv Tervuren dog teamworks belgian Tervuren NADAC weavepoles weaves

This is a Blog tracking the Agility Trials and Tribulations of a Belgian Tervuren Dog, named Clover...

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Not in sand...

Last night in competition class we worked on short tight 6-8 obstacle courses that contained everything from flips, 270 turns, and reverses, pinwheels and more. There were 3 embedded course with 2 tunnels and 6 jumps. It was fun and challenging. It was difficult for those dogs that automatically like to take the obstacle in front of them.

After we were done with the mini courses, we worked on weaves. This class was held in the sand ring and clover did very well on the 12 weave poles in the grass ring. She did them 6 times flawlessly. I then mentioned that I wish she could do them that well in the sand ring... So we went to the sand ring and I had to start her about 10 times before she did them correctly. So Clover obviously doesn't like the sand ring. I think I will rent the sand ring this week end so we can practice on weaves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home