agility terv Tervuren dog teamworks belgian Tervuren NADAC weavepoles weaves

This is a Blog tracking the Agility Trials and Tribulations of a Belgian Tervuren Dog, named Clover...

Monday, May 22, 2006

Stride Regulator

During private lessons on Monday we worked with a stride regulator before the weave poles. We put a single broad jump board about 4 poles in front of the weave poles in home that it will cause Clover to check her stride just enough to enter the weave poles. We will see how this works after a little time.

Clover also likes to take obstacles on her own. In order to help stop this we did recalls in the agility ring without taking any obstacles.

We also ran a novice course, and Clover did very well, except for the weave poles of course.

Another change that I will be making is not feeding Clover for a couple of hours before running. Currently I get home from work at 5 and go to private lessons about 6:30. I am going to start feeding her an hour or so after running, just to see if that gives her a little more stamina.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home