Show-N-Go, COW and YAK Meeting.
This past weekend was a beautiful weekend to host an agility Show-N-Go. It was held at teamworks and I helped run it. I was able to run clover and she did fairly well although I noticed that she didn't want to properly do the weave poles in the sand ring, but did them in the grass ring. It must be due to all the training I do at home on the grass ring.
Competition agility class was cancelled on Tuesday night due rain, and I didn't have much opportunity to run Clover, so she was cranked when we finally took the Course at COW. We weren't able to run until later though because I attended the Youngsville agility club meeting. We prepared for the upcoming trial in November. Entrys close on Monday, so if you plan on entering, better do so soon. You can get the entry forms on the Youngsville agility club web site.
We also had a speaker from the Franklin County Humane society speak about the bad conditions at the county animal shelter.
It was a pretty cool night at COW. This is the kind of weather that Clover loves. She has a pretty thick coat and cannot stand much heat, so I usually have to watch it so I don't overheat her. But not last night. She just ran and ran and ran. We had a lot of fun.
Once again Clover did the weave poles flawlessly at in the grass ring but she had more difficulties in sand ring. I think I will have to rent the sand ring a couple of times just to practice on weave poles.
Mike Tickle, a fellow Teamworks agility addict just got another sheltie and started and agility blog.. Check it out..http://runninrowdy.blogspot.com/


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home