agility terv Tervuren dog teamworks belgian Tervuren NADAC weavepoles weaves

This is a Blog tracking the Agility Trials and Tribulations of a Belgian Tervuren Dog, named Clover...

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

F.A.S.T Class in Class

Congratulations to Michele Godlevski and Cree! They earned 3 double Q's at the Columbia AKC trial this past weekend! This was a trial I wish I would have attended. I wasn't able to get there because I tried to get into the one at Durham, and wouldn't you know it, I didn't get in and it was to late to enter the Columbia trial. I still have to figure out the science behind registering and getting into trials.

Last night Clover and I attended the last competition class of this series. We worked on F.A.S.T class. At the trial in Columbia they did a F.A.S.T class demo which Michele took part in and learned more about the rules. Unlike last week, this week we actually timed and scored the runs. Ray was amazing with her two dogs and was able to get close to the full 80 points on every run. I was very pleased with Clover because we always scored above 60 points, which is qualifying. (Ok, not always, she blew the weave distance on the last run)

We ran the same course 3 times. Although each time we had a different distance challenge, the first was just tunnel and jump, the second was jump, shoot, tunnel and the third was tunnel, 12 weavepoles and jump. We didn't get the last distance challenge because I crossed the line and had to restart Clover on the weaves.

I was very happy with clover though. The first 2 times she saw the weaves she did them flawlessly. This was in the sand ring. I was very happy.

After class, I went into the grass ring and worked with clover. We did the weave poles about 10 times and she didn't miss them once!

Tonight will be my first time back to hosting Course of The Week since I broke my Collar bone. I am going to make a point of flipping the A-Frame to the non-slatted side which NADAC uses. Clover seems to be leary of the slatless A-frame and I want to make her comfortable before the upcoming ARFF trial coming up at Teamworks this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home