agility terv Tervuren dog teamworks belgian Tervuren NADAC weavepoles weaves

This is a Blog tracking the Agility Trials and Tribulations of a Belgian Tervuren Dog, named Clover...

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

AARF NADAC Trial Results October 7-8, 2006

Sunday was a little nicer day. At least I didn't have to wear my rain suit. It was still pretty cloudy. Clover's first run of the day was a jumpers run. Like most of her Elite jumpers run, it was a very good run.

jumpers copy

The second run of the day was an Elite Tunnelers run. Clover did very good in this run also and qualified, although we practically had a collision as she came out of tunnel number 10 going to 11.
TUNNELERS SUN

The third run during the day was a chances run. For those of you who are not familiar with chances, you have 3 challenges, discrimination (teeter tunnel) direction (change of direction at chump 4 and 5) and distance (jumps 11 through 15) if you are in novice, you have one challenge, in open, 2 challenges and in elite 3 challenges. All challenges have to be completed at a distance, behind the line. I thought we had a chance at this one because Clover has pretty good distance control, but for the first challenge, I had her do her 2 on 2 off on the teeter contact and she got anxious and actually went backwards through the tunnel after the teeter and going off course. The rest of the run went down hill there. I was never able to get her back to do the 4 and 5 jump--the directional challenge. I also wasn't able to push her out far enough to do the 11 jump. She took the 9 jump.

chances sun copy

The regular runs, I hate to say went about the same as yesterday, no weaves and rushed contacts. She didn't miss any contacts but they were a little rushed for my liking.
AARF Nadac Trial Open Reg 2 Sunday, October 8
AARF Nadac Trial Open Reg 1 Sunday, October 8

The last run of the day was a novice touch and go run. Clover blew her contact the second time on the A frame so we didn't Q.

TNG SUN

Overall the trial ran very smoothly although I was disappointed in Clover's performance especially in the weave poles and contacts. But that is starting to sound like a broke record.

Here are the Clover's official results...
AARF NADAC RESULTS OCTOBER 7&8, 2006
I stayed around until most everything was cleaned up and I ended up leaving about 6:30. We had to carry all the NADAC contacts back up to the grass ring, take tents down and clean up. Oh, I forgot to mention that the judge for the trial was Sandra Katzen from Washington State.

Hey, if you have any idea on how I can manage one excited terv, let me Know!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home