agility terv Tervuren dog teamworks belgian Tervuren NADAC weavepoles weaves

This is a Blog tracking the Agility Trials and Tribulations of a Belgian Tervuren Dog, named Clover...

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A successful NADAC Agility Trial --Saturday

This weekend's agility trial can be considered a success, even though it was misting, and raining all weekend. I served as Chief Course Builder. Luckily, it was only a one ring trial. We orgiinally were going to hold it in the grass ring but moved to the sand ring, which works much better in the rain-- since the grass ring turns to mud. The trial wasn't full but we did have close to 300 runs each day or around 70 exhibitors.

I went to Teamworks on Friday night after work to help set up but they pretty much had everything done. I did help set up the first course of the trial, the elite jumpers course.


Saturday's weather was not plesant, fortunately it wasn't very cold but very misty and rainy. Luckily, I purchased a rain suit on friday that I put it to good use.

Clovers first run of the trial was an Elite Chances run. We Qualified on this run.

AARF NADAC ELITE CHANCES SEPT 9, 2006

The next course Clover ran were the Open regular 1 & 2 runs. I thought maybe Clover would be ready to tackle 12 weave poles but after these two runs, I decided that I will run her in novice regular the rest of the year. She still just gets to anxious to complete the weave poles properly. Usually I can at least calm her down by having her focus on me, by looking at me, but she would only look at the weave poles. She didn't do to badly on the on the contacts, but she still rushes. She at least stops.

AARF NADAC OPEN REGULAR 1 AND 2 SEPT 9, 2006

The next run was a tunnelers. Clover is in the elite class in tunnelers and usually does pretty well. Unfotunatly, I was a little late in giving the cammand and clover didn't make the turn from tunnel 5 to 6 and went straight to tunnel 10.

AARF NADAC TUNNELERS  SEPT 9, 2006

The last run on Saturday was a jumpers run. Clover is very consistant with jumpers and she did very well and only placed .4 sec behind, Cree, michele's (my instructor) dog. Clover ran it flawlessly and had a great time.

AARF NADAC JUMPERS SEPT 9, 2006

I withdrew Clover from the weavers run since she did so poorly on the weaves in the standard run.

I was sort of disappointed with clovers performance in the weave poles. I was giving her a break to see if that would help her, but I am going to have to hit them hard in the next couple of weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home