Fall Teamworks trial results
The teamworks NADAC trial this weekend was a blast. The weather was absolutely wonderful! I served as Chief Course Builder, so I went out on Friday night to help setup tents and the first courses for Saturday morning. The judge, M Cerise of Tucson AZ, actually came out on Friday night to verify the courses.
This is a one judge, 2 ring trial. We always run the non-contact classes in the sand ring and the contact classes in the Grass ring. We alternate from ring to ring. That gives us a little time to set up the course while they are running in the other ring.
I got to teamworks about 7:15 on Saturday morning and numbered the courses. We didn't start running until about 8:30. We started with the jumpers runs. Clover and I ran the elite jumpers course. It was a great error free run...
Clover ran the 130 yd run in 19.72 seconds. The standard course time was 25.96 seconds. We placed first in our class.
The next class was a regular run.
Clover did a good job, I was just a little slow at the command and she turned off the teeter and went into the tunnel under the A-frame. We didn't Q but we still placed second in the class.
The next class of the day was tunnelers. Clover had a clean run and Q'ed. It was a 146 yard run with a standard course time 39.2 seconds. Clover ran it in 20.62 seconds.
The next class was the elite chances class. We didn't Q. Because clover missed the first discrimination challenge and took the wrong tunnel.
The most interesting class of the day for me was the weavers class. We have only run weavers 2 times before but have never Q'ed because of Clover's unpredictable weaves. In this course, it was tunnel, 6 weave poles, 3 tunnels, 12 weave poles and 3 more tunnels. Clover did great with the 6 weave poles because they were right after a straight tunnel. when we got to the next weave poles, I had to start her 2 times but she finished them and we completed the course fine. Since I had to restart her, we were 9 seconds over time and didn't Q.
The Touch and Go class was great. I thought clover rushed the contacts a little, but we Q'ed. We ran it in 28.79 seconds. It was a 136 yard course with a standard course time of 35.22.
Overall, I was happy with the day. We had a 50% Qualifying rate.
Sunday was another beautiful day. We ran in reverse order. we ran tunnelers first to let the frost melt on the contacts in the grass ring.
Our tunnelers run was great. It was a clean run and she ran it in 16.08 seconds. It had a standard course time of 23 seconds and we placed second.
The second run of the day was a touch and go. I wanted to work on contacts, so I held the contacts. I must have held them a little to long because I didn't make time. It didn't make any difference though because clover took an off course at the last tunnels. She went straight and I was not able to turn her in time. I did learn that I can't hold the contacts as long.
the last run of the day was a weavers run. The run was a little more disappointing than the day before. There were 3 tunnels before the first set of 12 weave poles. I was unable to calm her down enough for her to complete the weave poles and I took her off the course.
I left in the middle of the day to go to the Carrboro film festival to see Clover's run. Mike took over as chief course builder.







1 Comments:
Nice Course
SRD
http://agility-srd.blogspot.com/
12:44 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home