YAC Fall AKC Agility trial
This past weekend was the Fall Youngsville Agility Club trial held at Teamworks. I was chief course builder but wasn't able to make it to the elite classes that were held on Friday because I had to work. I did go to Teamworks on Thursday though and helped move equipment to it's general location.
Saturday was a gorgeous day. I actually got a little sunburn. We ran both rings, jumpers with weaves was held in the sand ring and the standard courses were run in the grass ring. I had clover entered in novice because of her poor weave performance. In the jumpers with weaves class I had to restart her once, but she then finished clean. In the second class Clover started and finished the weaves cleanly. She finished cleanly on the new set of 22" weave poles. I was so shocked that she did them clean, that we got an off course. But we still double cued because it was novice class.
It was a long day. The running order was first all the elite classes, then open and then novice. So I had to wait until the end of the day before we ran. It was about 6:30 before I got home.
Sunday was a complete opposite of of Saturday. It was cold and it rained the entire time. We received 1.5 inches of rain during the trial on Sunday. we did run the elite standard in the grass ring but it turned to complete mud so we ran the rest of the trial in the sand ring.
It was hard for me to focus on the course's when I ran today. I moved up to open because clover did so well yesterday with the weaves. On the first run, the jumpers with weaves, only tried to start clover in the weaves 2 times and then went on . The rain was just so miserable. I can't even tell you what went on in the second run. I know she didn't finish her weaves and we got an off course.
It was an interesting trial because of the beautiful weather on Saturday and the misery of Sunday.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home