Teamworks NADAC Benefit trial results - Saturday
This past weekend Teamworks dog training held their Benefit trial. All proceeds from the trial went to animal rescue groups. I served as chief course bu idler and ran clover in 12 runs through the weekend.
Clover and I were the first to run on Saturday. It was an elite jumpers run and as I was warming Clover up before the run, I noticed she was favoring her front right foot. I walked her around some and she seemed to get better so I decided to run her, but I was worried about her during the run and gave her a bad direction and she turned to short for jump 15 and I had to bring her back. It ended up we were about a 10th of a second over time because of that.

The second run of the day was a regular run. I thought I had a chance to get clover on weave poles in this one because they were the second obstacle and lined up straight. I did a lead out to the weaves and allowed about 2 feet between the weaves and myself and she came running full speed between me and right past the weaves. Also on this run, she was very obviously very hyped up because she blew the contact on the dogwalk and I brought her back and made her repeat the obstacle.

The third run of the day was a tunnelers run. Clover ran it clean and Q'ed.

The next class was a chances class, I don't have the map for chances but it was a great run. I was a little worried about the distance challenge because it was 4 jumps at 20 feet distance, but clover performed very well.
The most anticipated class of the day for me was weavers. Since clover has been completing weaves flawlessly in practice. The run did not go so flawlessly, just like in the regular class, it was an obstacle and weaves lined up perfectly, once again clover blew right on by them and I had to restart her about 3 times before she finished them. She completed the 6 weave poles flawlessly though. She was 3 seconds overtime, but we placed 3rd in the class. We are running novice weavers and have never gotten a Q. We just need to get our weaver's title to complete the novice versatility title.

The last run of the day was an open touch-n-go run. I was late in giving her a directional or she ignored it, I can't remember but she went from tunnel number 3 to tunnel number 15. She also rushed her contacts.

Overall, I was a little disappointed with how she performed. We Q'ed in tunnelers and chances, but Clover once again got very excited and rushed contacts and would not do weaves without restarting.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home