agility terv Tervuren dog teamworks belgian Tervuren NADAC weavepoles weaves

This is a Blog tracking the Agility Trials and Tribulations of a Belgian Tervuren Dog, named Clover...

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Competition Agility Class and Cow

Tuesday's Competition agility class was fun. We ran 2 runs that Michelle set up. Since she is going to be competing at AKC Nationals, she has been setting up difficult courses so she can practice. The courses all seem to contain subtle traps and difficult entries. Clover always seems to do very well.

One thing that I have noticed is that Clover is slowing down a little bit, but paying more attention to me. So I have to be careful that I don't call her off of obsticles too early. I think the slowing down is from practiciing lots of tight AKC courses.

The main reasom I am thinkging that is because I ran a combo weavers and TNG course that was set up in the grass ring and after Clover realized what it was she was very fast and not as tentative.

I ran this course after class and during COW last night. Clover did Amaizingly well. She got all the weaves without restarting and She held all of her contacts. After we ran it, we practiced tunnels and weaves. I bet we went through the 6 weave poles about a dozen times and the 12 weave poles about 8 or nine. I only had to restart her once. That was on weave pole entry number six. She just ignored the weaves, like she didn't even see them. I did the usual sitting restart and she was fine. A tunnel and weave course like this is great for teaching her to slow down to enter the weave poles because she gets moving so fast through the tunnels. I think I will rent the ring more often and set up courses such as this because we had so much fun.



We also had a Younsville agility club meeting last night and prepared for our June trial in Sanford.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home