Teamworks USDAA Trial
This past weekend was the teamworks USDAA trial. It was a two ring trial with the Masters in one ring and the starters in another. I served as chief course builder for the starters ring. Starters ran in the grass ring on Saturday and in the Sand ring on sunday. The weather was a little cloudy, but gorgouse on Saturday.
On Saturday Clover ran 4 runs. We Q'ed on the first run even though I slipped and my foot went across the gamble line. The judge said, it was a slip and didn't disqualify me. I was shocked. Clover seemed to rush the contacts, but worked on trying to reinforce them.
The second run of the day was the regular run. We completed the run but didn't
Q because we were overtime. I had to restart clover to many times in the weave poles.
The jumpers run went well, but she knocked the bar on the second jump so we didn't Q.
The snooker run, this is the first time I ran snooker in competition, was interesting. She took the tunnel instead of the A-frame, which totaly distroyed my plan for the run. I then took to long to find the a red jump and clover took an off course.
Sunday was a very different from Saturday. We ran in the sand ring it rained hard most of the day. Gamblers was our first run and we Q'ed she missed the A-frame contact, so I worked hard on her getting the dog walk. We still had enough points and easily got the distance chanllenge.
The snooker run was jump and tunnels only but very difficult. Clover went back into the tunnel when I wanted to bring her back around. We were about 8points short of Q.
The Jumpers run was fun, clean and fast. The only problem was it was pouring when we did it. Clover was sitting on the start line blinking to get the water out of her eyes. Many people pulled their dogs from runs because of the rain, which helped us finish early. good thing too, because around 3:00pm a tornado warning was issued for our area! overall we recieved 3 Q's in 8 runs. We Q'ed in both gamblers and a jumpers.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home