agility terv Tervuren dog teamworks belgian Tervuren NADAC weavepoles weaves

This is a Blog tracking the Agility Trials and Tribulations of a Belgian Tervuren Dog, named Clover...

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Back Into it... And Swim Lessons too...

Over the last week Clover and I have gotten back into the swing of Agility etc.

Since thunderstorms caused class and Course of the Week to be canceled last week, Friday was the first opportunity to run. Teamworks had their staff picnic and the agility rings and pond were open. Michele built a dog pond with a dock, it has been open for about a month but I have never tried to get Clover to swim. On Friday I did. There were a lot of other dogs jumping into the pond and fetching balls etc. I thought maybe it would get clover excited enough to jump in, but it didn't, so I scheduled a swimming lesson for Clover with Michele. Clover has only been exposed to water one other time, and that was at the beach.

On Saturday we had a show-n-go at teamworks. It was run by the Youngsville agility club, so we could raise some money. we actually set the course up after the picnic on Friday. The weather was absolutely gorgeous day, Cool with low humidity. I ran mostly Jumpers runs on Saturday because I ran through all levels of the standard run on Friday night. When we did the standard run, Clover had a tendency to rush contacts. I am definitely going to have to work on contacts with her....still.

Tuesday morning was clovers first swimming lesson. It was interesting. Michele stayed in the water and I through the ball out. Clover just paced back and forth trying to figure out if she could get the ball without going into the water. Clover would go in a few feet and when she got to the point where her feet would no longer touch the bottom, she wouldn't go any further. Michele then carried her into the water and Clover swam just fine. She would even swim out to get the ball, but she would never take the step from standing in the water to swimming byherself. There was definitely improvement by the end of the lesson though and I think I will reschedule another one for next week.

Tuesday night we had masters agility class. It was suppose to be the third class in the session but all the other so far were canceled due to weather. Vanessa is our teacher again. We worked on a jumpers run and discussed different approaches and lead outs.

Clover has been doing extremely well on the weave poles. I don't even think about them "much" any more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home