agility terv Tervuren dog teamworks belgian Tervuren NADAC weavepoles weaves

This is a Blog tracking the Agility Trials and Tribulations of a Belgian Tervuren Dog, named Clover...

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Wow, Have I been slack....

I admit that it has been a long time since I posted. We have gone through 2 trials and Clover has made great strides.

The first trial was the was the Youngsville Agility Club trial held in Sanford. Here are the official results.



We only ran on one day and it went very well. I didn't even think about qualifying, I was more concerned about Clover getting her weaves. She completed them cleanly on one run, on another I had to restart her but, she did them very well. The run I enjoyed the most was the Fast class. The run went jump, jump to a jump and tunnel that were in the distance box. I lead out by standing behind the tunnel, I just made sure I was out of the box by the time Clover got in. I was extremely pleased at how well Clover performed.

The next trial was the NADAC Midnight Madness trial held at Teamworks. This trial is unique because it is held at night. It is a benefit trial for local dog rescue groups. I served as chief course builder. Clover performed well. She qualified in all the tunnelers and jumpers classes. The big news is that Clover actually obtained her first qualifying score in the weavers class! She had to complete 3 sets of weaves and did 2 of them flawlessly. I had to restart her multiple times on the third set. She must have been getting tired. She also did very well in the regular class, she had an off course but she got the distance challenge which had weaves in them! I was a little disappointed in her contacts. In the touch and go class she blatantly blew off the dog walk contact and I made her redo it and she blew it again! I took her out of the ring then. I have been please with how clover is settling down though.

We haven't had any classes for about 3 weeks and tonight was suppose to be the first class of the session, but it was canceled due to thunderstorms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home