Compitition Agility Class
Last night we had competition agility class. We went through long periods of time that we didn't have class this summer because of the extreme heat, but hopefully as fall approaches it will cool down enough.
There were only 2 in class and we ran the steeplechase course that was left setup from this weekend. We discussed contacts. Clover is very slow at descending the contacts and we talked about ways to speed up the decent and have her stick the contact. This weekend we blew 2 runs because of contacts.
Currently when I reward clover for a contact, I throw the ball and release her. This has been rewarding her for the release, not for the 2 on 2 off contact. What we did in class is I threw her the ball when she was still on the contact and would not let her leave. Vanessa said she thought she saw an improvement in the few reps we tried during class. I will work on it at COW and see how she does at the NADAC trial this weekend.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home