agility terv Tervuren dog teamworks belgian Tervuren NADAC weavepoles weaves

This is a Blog tracking the Agility Trials and Tribulations of a Belgian Tervuren Dog, named Clover...

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Show and Go Weekend

This weekend Clover and I took part in the Teamworks show and go. We went on Saturday and Sunday. Show and Go's are much like a Course of the Week but a little more organized. They had a jumpers ring set up in the sand ring and standard course in grass ring. Each ring had a nested courses including elite, open and novice. I ran all 6 courses each day. They also set up a Rally course.

It was very good that we went because I wanted to evaluate Clovers weave poles. Clover did the first set of weave poles fine, and when ever we tried 6 weave poles she did fine, but when we tried 12, she stopped after about 4 weave poles. The conclusions that I made from this weekend.


Things I learned this weekend
  1. Clover does 6 weave poles fine most of the time, but fails when she gets tired.
  2. Clover will do 12 weavepoles fine the first time but from there on will weave about 3 and then stop.
  3. Her entrys are improving greatly.
  4. I need to set up 12 weave poles at home because she seems to be thinking that she only need to do 6.
  5. Clover is getting used to the PVC constructed weave poles that I have at home.

Action items

  1. I need to construct 12 weave pole set for use at home
  2. I need to make the set at home much more rigid so it is more like a competition set, I need to stake them down more.
  3. When training Clover, I need to watch much more closely when she is getting tired and pull her off. I need to do much short sessions.

On Sunday we took both of our dogs for about a 5 mile hike. Once again, trying to keep myself and my family in shape.

Also, as a note, my wife found an interesting web site. It is a dog news aggrigator. Keep up with the world of K9 news http://www.doggienews.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home