Holiday Break
I have given Clover a little break over the holidays, but now that the new year has started, I need to really start working her again. I still have the weave poles in the front yard and make her do the weaves when we play ball, so she is getting excercise and staying fit. She is nearly flawless with the weave poles now. It will be interesting to see how that transfers to the competition weaves at teamworks, since she refused to do them at the last trial.
This year I have volunteered to help run the Course of the Week at Teamworks. I will be there every odd (1st, 3rd and fifth) Wednesday of the month. I will help set up courses, time people etc... I figured that since I go to every course of the week, I might as well work there. If you have an opportunity to get to the Youngsville area on Wednesday nights, stop in and say hi. Here is more information on Course of the Week. It is great for me since I only live a couple of miles from Teamworks.
I have been trying to keep Clover in shape over the holidays. My wife and I often take both our dogs for long hikes, for example yesterday we hiked about 4 miles at a local park. We both got Pedometers for Christmas and are starting to pay more attention to how active we are. I decided I need to get into better shape to keep up with Clover. There are people in agility that use distance commands and stand in the middle of the ring during a run, but I am not that confident in Clovers and my ability, so I try to use front crosses, etc to block incorrect obstacles. ...So I need to get into shape.
I have gotten notice of some upcoming trials this year. The first is a USDAA trial that is held in February at Teamworks. I have to decide if we are going to compete or not. We Don't have any legs in USDAA and I have to draw the line someplace since entering all trials could get very expensive. USDAA is fun though because they have games like snooker. I may stick with NADAC and some AKC.
My mother in-law gave a subscription to Clean Run magazine. It is a magazine dedicated to dog agility. I received my first issue this week but haven't looked at it yet. I have also broke down and joined ARFF.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home