Back to the Drawing Board with Weaves...
Last night Clover and I had a private lesson and to put it simply, it is back to the drawing board with weaves. Just like when clover kept blowing all of her contacts and we had to go back to the very beginning and retrain her, we are going to have to do the same thing with weaves....we are reteaching her. She has developed such a pattern that she has to be completely retrained. The way we are doing is putting guide wires on the weave poles so she has to enter correctly.
Clovers problem is that she herds the weavepoles, or circles the first 2 poles before she does them correctly. As we get into elite classes, she would be called for refusal and we would be eliminated., so it is important to attack the problem now.
Michele wasn't feeling to well last night so we only worked on it for a few minutes, but we got clover to go through the weave poles with guide wires on. I will keep the guide wires on until she is patterned with them then I will gradually take them away.
Now is the time to totally retrain, since we don't have another agility trial, after this weekend until Feb. That will give us a couple of months to work on it.
To day I looked at ways to make my own guide wires... I think I have figures out how to do it. I will work on it tonight. We also have course of the week tonight.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home