Hurt Again and First AKC Trial
There is a lot that has happened in the last 2 weeks and I have been terrible about keeping up. Everything started with Course of the Week last Wednesday. Clover and I were practicing weave poles and as I threw the ball as a reward, clover ran straight into a railroad tie. Teamworks put the railroad ties down so that the cars don't park on the grass during trials. Clover must have hit her back left leg. Within seconds she was putting weight on it, but she was limping. This happened almost as soon as we arrived so we didn't get much practice in.
On Thursday, we took both Kira and Clover in for vaccinations, so the vet took the time to look at Clover's leg. She said I could take her go to class that night, but I did notice a little limping so I didn't take her. I did go though and helped set up for the AKC trial this weekend.
On Saturday was the AKC trial. It was our first AKC trial that the Youngsville Agility Club has hosted. It was held at Teamworks and seemed to run very well. It was also the first AKC trial that Clover ever competed in. The rules and feel of AKC is certainly different than NADAC Trials. We were entered in 4 runs all weekend.
I was not very happy with Clovers performance on Saturday, but I probably shouldn't have been running her. She didn't seem to be feeling well. She was slow and just didn't seem right. I don't know if it was a reaction to the vaccination or if her leg was still bothering her.
The first run was a jumpers run. AKC jumpers courses are different because they also contain weaves. Clover did not compete the weaves so was eliminated. The second run on Saturday was the standard run. AKC standard differs from NADAC because AKC has broad jumps, triple jumps and tables. Clover did well an everything but the broad jump. Her toe nails clicked on the broad jump when she landed, and she was illuminated.
Sunday was a much better day. I didn't go to the trial until about noon, since novice run at the end of the day. We ran 2 runs again. The first was the jumpers with weaves. Clover performed really well. She did the weaves flawlessly and I was able to call off a tunnel before she entered it. The second run of the day was a standard. She did very well. The time could have been a lot faster but I want to stress the contacts and I made her stay there for awhile. She did the weave poles flawlessly. I did get a refusal on both runs though. In clovers case, she missed a jump and I had to bring her back to do it. In novice, you aren't illuminated for refusals, but get a 5 pint deduction out of 100.
So I gues the weekend ended up being a success with a double Q on Sunday. For next weekends NADAC trial, I need to continue to work on weaves and contacts.
Here are Clover's results....
11/12/2005 Novice A JWW - 24 Inch - Judge: Carol Mount Distance: 115 yards SCT: 38 seconds Eliminated Time: 47.25 seconds
11/12/2005 Novice A Standard - 24 Inch - Judge: Carol Mount Distance: 140 yards
SCT: 75 seconds Eliminated Time: 59.66 seconds
11/13/2005 Novice A JWW - 24 Inch - Judge: Carol Mount Distance: 113 yards SCT: 38 seconds Score: 95 (Q) Time: 26.53 seconds 1st Place
11/13/2005 Novice A Standard - 24 Inch - Judge: Carol Mount Distance: 140 yards
SCT: 75 seconds Score: 95 (Q) Time: 54.61 seconds 1st Place


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home