Back at the Weave Poles
As I mentioned before, I have volunteered to help run the Teamworks Course of the Week on the first, third, and fifth Wednesday of every month in 2006. Last night was the first night and it went pretty well. Thankfully, I still have time to do training with Clover.
Clover's training was interesting. We worked on weave poles, and was curious on how she would do, since we have been working on them at home. She did very well to start. She went through six weave pole set flawlessly the first couple of times, but when I ran the course with a 12 weave pole set, she lost all confidence.
I also think I may have worked her a little to long ...
Currently my training process for clover is to tell her weave and as she finishes, throw the ball as a reward, so every time she goes through weaves, she expects the ball. I think I may play with having her go through 2 times and just praising her the first time, so she doesn't get so dependent on the reward, which isn't available right after the weave in competition.
I have decided that I need to extend my set of 6 weave poles I have at home to 12 so she get more comforatable with more poles.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home