agility terv Tervuren dog teamworks belgian Tervuren NADAC weavepoles weaves

This is a Blog tracking the Agility Trials and Tribulations of a Belgian Tervuren Dog, named Clover...

Sunday, February 19, 2006

lot's O meetings...

This weekend was a busy weekend for agility. On Saturday we had a Show-N-Go at Teamworks. It was an AKC style Show-n-go. I went a little early to help set up and run. The way Show-n-Go work is you pay by the run or $30.00 for all weekend. But the only manned time is from 8:00am to noon on Saturday. It is a good deal if you want to practice all weekend.

The weather was threatening but it didn't start to sleet,rain,snow until about noon. The weather didn't seem to stop people though because we had a good turnout.

I stayed all morning and helped set bars. Clover and I ran mostly the standard course. They have Elite, Open and Novice all embedded into one course. I liked the standard course because you could modify it so that both 6 and 12 weave poles were in a continuous short circle. Clover is close to flawless on the 6 weave poles but the 12 need work. I need to build her confidence on them and I think she will be OK.

On Sunday from 5:00 to 7:00 I had my first AARF meeting. The bushiness was planning for the upcoming trial in Sanford and deciding if we should have a fall trial, since no one would volunteer to be trial secretary. Finally someone volunteered if we held it at PBH in Chapel Hill.

After the ARFF meeting I quickly drove to Teamworks for the Teamworks Agility Club meeting. For the Educational part of the meeting we watched an Agility in Motion tape and then ran the dogs. They still had Course set up for the show and go, and since it was below freezing out, we only were out about 1/2 hour. Clover seemed to be a little more reluctant about the 12 weave poles tonight than on Saturday for some reason.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home