Teamworks Spring USDAA Trial Results Sunday
Today was a much nicer day for a trial because it was dry. Although it was colder and snowed a little. Yesterday all the starter dogs competed in the grass ring and the advanced in the sand ring today they reversed that, so we ran in the sand ring. They also reversed the running order--yesterday they ran from tall to short so we ran first and today the ran from short to tall so we ran last in each class.
I helped anywhere I could during the trial. Yesterday I timed for 3 classes and scribed for 2. I helped set up courses all weekend. Today I timed for the gamblers and helped clean up and put everything away after the trial. It finished quickly today and I was home by 4:30. I think a lot of people didn't come yesterday because of the bad weather.
The runs went OK today. The first run was a gamblers run. We ran the course very well but missed the gamble. It was a 3 jump gamble with a layered jump (a jump between me and the jump clover was suppose to take) and she turned to wide to jump it. It was definitely my error in timing and calling her.

The second run of the day was the regular run. We were eliminated, because of the weave poles. Same old story. Clover's weaves have actually been getting worse and Michele feels that Clover may have ran into the competition weaves so hard and bruised herself in the past that she is Leary of them. That would be why she is confident with my home make weave poles that are much more flimsy and flexible. What she suggested was to purchase a set of competition weave poles to practice at home. We may give that a try.


Clover's last run of the day was a jumpers run. It was good run. Michele said she thought she was hesitating going over the last 2 jumps, but I believe it was because they are 26" tall and we have not practice those much and they were spreads, meaning double or triple jumps. During the jumpers run yesterday, she hit the final triple jump pretty hard when she knocked the poles off.

Here is a picture of clover taking the last jump . Thanks to MTickle for the picture

Today I ran 3 runs, 2 first, 1 Q and and elimination. That makes 2 Q's for the weekend. Overall, I was happy with the results.
After the trial I went home and watched the AKC National Agility Championship on Animal Planet. I knew one person competing. Obviously, I am all for showing more agility events on TV. It's amazing that when you get to that level that time differences are only .11 seconds separation. Ah, maybe someday... just have to get the weaves...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home