Practice poles up to 12 and upcoming USDAA
I am still trying to figure out the problem with Clover's weaves. On Tuesday in class she did the weave poles very poorly. But on Wednesday, at course of the week, when I practiced on the grass ring, she did pretty well. The sand ring is currently pretty loose even though they mix stabilizer in the sand. I think Clover is going through the weaves so fast that the sand is throwing her off and making miss poles. I know this may be grasping at straws, but I am getting desperate.
Tuesday I worked on increasing Clover's practice weave poles up from 6 to 12. Her practice weave poles are made from 3/4 inch pvc pipe. They seem to do fairly well, but they are looser than the ones used in competition and Clover feels much more comfortable with them. She is able to go through them very fast. Plus, when we run weaves at home, I bet she has about 90% success rate. I have staked them down so they are not as loose.
Wednesday I went to COW but only stayed about 45 minutes because I had to pick my wife up at the airport. It was a very good training session for Clover though. I think she had fun. I worked in the grass ring integrating the weaves in with a short course. I made a course with 5 jumps, a tire and a set of six weaves and repeatedly ran that course. Clover seemed to respond very well to it and was doing the set of 6 very well.
This weekend is a USDAA trial at Teamworks. I have entered jumpers and regular each day and snooker on Saturday. I don't remember ever running snooker in competition it should be fun.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home