agility terv Tervuren dog teamworks belgian Tervuren NADAC weavepoles weaves

This is a Blog tracking the Agility Trials and Tribulations of a Belgian Tervuren Dog, named Clover...

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Youngsville Agility Club trial results

This past weekend was the AKC Youngsville agility club trial at Teamworks. It was a 3 day trial but Clover and I only competed on Saturday and Sunday. I also served as one of the chief course builders. Mike T. was the other one. We originally thought we would have a lot of entries so we set it up as a 2 judge, 2 ring trial. Once we realized that we were not going to have that many entries, it was to late to cancel one of the judges. With 2 judges, we finished early both days.

On Saturday, I was happy that clover hit her contacts and ran a good run in regular, but I had to restart her in weaves a couple of times so we didn't Q. The same happened in Jumpers with weaves. We did Q in fast class though. It was a novice class and we got our novice fast title.

On Sunday, in regular class she went in the wrong end of a unidirectional tunnel and I had to restart her in the weaves, so I got a refusal and off course. We did Q in the jumpers with weaves course even though I had to restart her in the weaves. We also Q'ed in the fast class. We didn't have to try the weaves there.

Overall, I was satisfied with the weekend. We had a 50% Q rate, I wish I could give her more confidence in the weaves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home