agility terv Tervuren dog teamworks belgian Tervuren NADAC weavepoles weaves

This is a Blog tracking the Agility Trials and Tribulations of a Belgian Tervuren Dog, named Clover...

Saturday, October 06, 2007

NADAC AARF Trial - Day One

Today was day one of the ARFF NADAC trial held at Teamworks. The Judge was Keri Daun from Canada. I served as Chief Course builder. The weather was perfect for a trial, cloudy and misty. It did clear up some later in the afternoon and got very hot.

Clover had a very good day. Our first run was a jumpers run. Clover ran it very fast and I gave her a bad direction, so she went off course. we still placed first even though we didn't Qualify. Our time was 30.58 and the standard Course time was 32.2 It was 161 yds.

Our second run was the chances run. It did have The dogwalk contact in it and clover held it very well. I held clover on the contacts and I almost held it too long. Clover's time was 40 seconds and the Standard Course Time was 40 seconds! But we Did qualify and placed first.

The next run was a regular run. Clover did very well. She held every contact. I had to restart her in the weaves, but we still made time with 44.22 seconds in a 48 second course. We placed second.

At ARFF trials we run two standard runs each day and rotate the tunnelers on saturday and the weavers on Sunday. We didn't do as well on this run. I held clover on the dogwalk, and she did a quick turn into the tunnel that went under the dogwalk. We didn't Q and placed 4th on the run. We were also overtime with a time of 50.27 with a standard course time of 48.

Our next run was the touch and go run. Clover did great, once again I held her contacts, but I not too long. We finished with a time of 43.75 on a course with a qaulifying time of 46.4 seconds.

Our tunnelers run also went very well. We quailified with a time of 22.38 seconds with the standard course time of 28.8 seconds.

Our last run was the the hoopers run. Hoopers is a new class and they are still changing the rules. We ran it 2 weeks ago at the teamworks trial. Clover never saw a hoop but ran the course in 14 seconds on a 28 second course. It was set up like a jumpers couse but with hoops. Now they have changed the rules and it is like a cross between Nadac chances and USDAA snooker class. You have hoops circling the ring and you have to take 3 of those hoops before you can do a challenge in the middle. There are 3 challenges in the middle each one had 3 or 4 jumps. If you are in novice, you have to do 2 challenges, open has to do three. Our course was 3 white quailfying hoops then a 3 jump serpentens as the challenge, 3 more qaulifying jumps, then a 180 degree turn. Clover did very well and qaulified. I didn't stick around to verify the Q though.

I was very happy with how Clover did. She got 5 out of 7 runs for the day!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job Clover! Did all that jumping and running tired her? I wonder if she went straight to her Wooden Dog House or to her dog bed to recharge..

8:23 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home