AARF trail results
The ARFF trial held this weekend at Bon-Clyde in Sanford did not go as well as I had hoped. We only competed on Saturday but we ran 6 runs. The order was a little different than our last NADAC trial. They ran the chances first, 2 regular runs and then the tunnelers and jumpers. We had the worst Q rate of any trial so far. We only Qed on one out of six runs.
The First run, I didn't take her out of her crate until shortly before the run. I could tell when we went in that I made a mistake and that she was very hyper. She did the first part of the run OK, but absolutely refused to do the weave poles. I brought her back a couple of times and I know it frustrated her because she was vocal, she didn't bark but she was close. She never barks. We just skipped the weave poles and then she went to the dog walk and blew the contact.

The second and third runs were regular runs and the results were practically identical to the touch and go, although I tried very hard to have her repeat the obstacle if she blew a contact. If she blew it then, I took her off the course.
Clover would not do weave poles at all this weekend. The poles had a different pattern on them, one that clover has never seen before and the stand was pretty flimsy.

The touch and go run was about the same with contacts.

The tunnelers run was fun as always, but I pulled Clover a little to soon and she went in the wrong end of the tunnel

Our only Q was with the jumpers course. It went well, in fact very few people Q'ed because it was a slow course. Clover was the only Q out of 7 dogs at that height.

Ok, I know it is the same old, same old, but we need to work on weave poles and contacts....


1 Comments:
I really enjoy your blog! I've only run in AKC so it's helpful to see what the courses are like in other venues. Thanks for sharing!
5:22 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home