agility terv Tervuren dog teamworks belgian Tervuren NADAC weavepoles weaves

This is a Blog tracking the Agility Trials and Tribulations of a Belgian Tervuren Dog, named Clover...

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Teamworks Spring 06 NADAC-Saturday's results.

The NADAC trial at Teamworks went well today. I was a course builder, so I have to be there for the entire trial. We're busy too. Unlike AKC which has only 2 classes each day, NADAC has 6 classes each day, and most classes have different courses for Novice, Open and Elite.

The first run on Saturday was a jumpers run. It was a very open and fast run. It was nothing but a big loop with a 3 jump serpentine, a tunnel and exit. It went very well. Clover Q'ed, placed first in her class and obtained her Open title.


The second run of the day was a regular run. I ran in novice since novice has 6 weave poles vs the 12 weave poles in open. Since Clover needs help with weaves, I thought I would be as kind to her as possible. I had to restart her 2 times in the weaves but she did do them. She rushed her contacts especially on the A frame and I was not happy about that... I should have made her redo it, but I didn't so I got the Q. She placed 2nd in her class. Mostly because I ate up time restarting her on weave poles.

The third run of the day was a tunnelers run. Tunnelers is fun. In we entered in Elite class. This is the first time that we have run elite. Elite isn't that much different because it is the same course as novice and open, the time is just much shorter. I actually thought it was an easy course. It didn't have any difficult call offs. We obtained our first Elite Q and placed 2nd.


The final run of the day was the touch and go run. Touch and go is all tunnels and contacts. Clover really get running through tunnels, especially after a tunnelers run and when it comes to contacts, she doesn't want to slow down. Also, in practice I rarely practice tunnels followed by contacts. I guess you can see what I am setting up here... She missed her contact the second time over the dog walk and rushed most of her other contacts. The dog walk was more difficult because she had to go over it twice.


I didn't run the weavers class, although it may be something to consider in the future since they changed the rules. Novice only has 2 sets of poles now and their own course. In the past they ran the same course as elite and had to do about 5 sets of weaves. I also didn't run the Chances today, since it was a new class and I wanted to see it before I ran it. I will give it a try tomorrow and explain more about it.

Overall, I was happy with the results. We Q'ed in 3 out 4 classes. Got our Open Jumpers title and got our first Elite leg in Tunnelers.

The conclusions from today were that we still need to work on weaves, and we need to work on contacts after a very fast tunnel set up.

We were both tired after a long day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home