Youngsville Agility Club AKC Agility Trial Results.
This weekend was the spring Youngsville Agility Club AKC Agility trial. It would have been an excellent weekend for a trial, but the wind made it blustery cold.
AKC trials have 2 types of runs, the jumpers with weaves and the standard run. This has it's benefit and drawbacks. With only 2 runs, it is a lot of waiting until you run. On the other hand, if you can estimate when you run, you don't have to stay there the entire time. I stayed all day on Saturday and helped with the food, but on Sunday it was so cold and windy I didn't go until noon. Elite and open always run before the novice.
This trial was nice because there were so many Tervs there. Lori Grove, Clovers breeder, competed with Guiness and obtained their Standard novice title. Marcia Pines was also their with Logan, who obtained his first leg with a great jumpers run. Logan and Guiness are Clover's brothers. There were also 2 other tervs that ran and did a great job.
Clover performed well. On the first day she Q'ed on the jumpers with weaves run. She had one refusal with a time of 33.82 secs. The course time was 42 seconds. She placed first in her class. She got a 5 point refusal deduction for the weaves. She could have been a lot faster but I had to restart her in the weave poles a couple of times.
The second run on Saturday was embarrassing because I screwed up royally. Clover was running great, I mean beautifully, and then we got to the table and the Judge said "I could count but it would be pointless because you have tags on the collar." So we were disqualified and had to leave the ring. In AKC you can have a collar, but can't have tags dangling. In USDAA and Nadac, you can't even have a collor on the dog. Very embarrassing.
On Sunday the Jumpers with weaves run went fairly well. I had to restart the weaves but the judge didn't call a refusal. Clover ran the course in 30.76 seconds and the standard course time was 38 seconds. She was first in her class. That meant that we earned our first AKC title. Novice JWW.

The second run was a flop. We had to start the weave poles so many times that the Judge said, go on. Clover was just all over the ring after that...She took Jump 8 instead of going to the table after the tunnel along with some other off courses that I don't even remember. Clover did make the broad jump on both standard runs though, something she missed at the last AKC trial. Oh, well one bad run the during the weekend isn't bad.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home