Behaives perfectly for Private lessons...
I decide to take some private lessons from Michele so we could work on the weave pole and contact problem that Clover has during competition. During the lesson, Clover behaved perfectly. She only missed a weave pole once, in about 15 runs. ...and she stuck every contact!
It is just like taking a car to the mechanic and all the noises and problems disappear. This makes it very difficult to fix the problem. We have come to the conclusion that it is an excitement problem and we need to try to recreate the excitement that comes with a trial. The only thing that we could think of that would get her that excited is to play ball with another dog in front of her before we go into the ring. So next week we are going to do that, try to get clover as excited as possible and then go in and have the private lesson. I hope it works...
The other thing that we talked about was taping every run on video and playing it back to see exactly what is going on...


1 Comments:
I have enjoyed your blog and the courses are very helpful. I have 2 young Groens who have difficulty performing consistently because of excitement issues. Please keep us posted. We will be trying to get to some of the Youngsville trials in the next few monhts. Hope to see you there!
4:50 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home