A disappointing weekend.
This weekend was the annual Toys For Tots NADAC Benefit at teamworks dog training. They started something new this year, by running classes on Friday night. Clover and I ran 3 runs. The first run was the Touch and go run. It was the first time that we ever competed where the contacts were rubber coated. The run started with a tunnel, A-frame, tunnel. Clover ran through the tunnel up the A-frame and then rushed the contact, she went through the tunnel back to the A-frame and Blew her contact. I took her out of the ring and noticed that she was limping on her front left foot.
About a week ago, I noticed she was limping a little bit after playing catch with her, so I didn't run her at all in the last week. I was hoping that she would be back to good health. After I saw her limping, I was hoping it was just this run. So I ran her in the next run. The tunnelers run. It went well and we Qualified, but she was still limping a little after the run. She didn't seem to be limping at all during the run so I ran her in the next run, the final run of the evening, the hoopers run. We qualified on that one too but once again, she was limping a little after that run.
On Saturday, I decided that I would just run her in running classes, like tunneler, hoopers and weavers, but after the hoopers run, which we qualified in, she was limping bad enough that I pulled her for the rest of the weekend and I took her to the vet. We even taped her foot for the hoopers run, but it didn't seem to help.
I decided to take her to the vet, just because I wouldn't be able to later in the week if it got worse. She seemed fine at the vet, but they did say that the small toe on her left front foot was swollen. They gave me some pain killer in case it bothered her, but I haven't used it. They told me to keep her "calm" for a week.... yeah, right.
Class for this Tuesday was rescheduled for Sunday because they thought it might be warmer... even though it is suppose to be well over 70 F on Tuesday night. That delay may give Clover time to recover. We will see how she feels on Sunday.
It was disappointing to not be able to compete. All we needed to complete our novice versatility title was a novice weavers run.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home